Digital accessibility tools.
- Tota11y - Tota11y on GitHub
From the people at Khan Academy, tota11y is typically used as a browser bookmarklet that helps visualize how your site performs with assistive technologies.
- ANDI by SSA.gov - ANDI on GitHub
A free accessibility testing tool that offers detection of problems and shows what a screen reader should say for interactive elements. It also gives realistic recommendations to improve accessibility, and checks 508 compliance.
- Touch Bookmarklet - Touch on GitHub
Simulate touch events (swipe, rotate, pinch) with a mouse.
- Outline ⭐️ Bookmarklet on Codepen (MIT Licence)
On click, every focusable element will receive a red border, so you can see where the keyboard cursor is.
- What has focus? on Codepen (MIT Licence)
- Visual ARIA Bookmarklet - Visual ARIA on GitHub
Watch ARIA usage within web technologies, including ARIA 1.1 structural, live region, and widget roles, as well as help with nesting and focus management.
- Reading Order Bookmarklet
Running this bookmarklet will visually number the reading order in which screen-reading software will announce different parts of the page, to check to see that it matches the visual order (up to down, left to right).
- Accessibility and Contrast Bookmarklet - Contrast Bookmarklet on GitHub
Analyse the contrast of the text on a page and highlight elements which may have readability issues.
- WAI-ARIA-Usage by The Paciello Group
Evaluate WAI-ARIA according to the ARIA in HTML specification.
Plugins, apps & integrations Anchor link
Automated testing & continuous integration Anchor link
Simulators & building empathy Anchor link
Accessibility checkers Anchor link
Parsing/manipulating PDFs (not a11y-focused) Anchor link